Car Insurance FAQs

Author: Share:

Can I insure a modified or classic car?

Yes, you can insure a modified car but because your car is a specialist car, not all auto insurance companies will be willing to provide coverage for it since it requires high price replacement parts and also skilled labor if the car is involved in an accident. Thus, you have to take out special car insurance that is designed especially for modified and classic cars.

How can I lower my car insurance premium?

There are a few things you can do to lower your insurance premium. First check to see that you have the right coverage for your vehicle and that you are not over insured.  If you have an older vehicle that has high miles, you might not want full coverage because you won’t get the money out of what you have payed in if you are in an accident. Second, see if there is a multi car discount, if you have more than one car insured with the same company there is usually a discount. Third, ask if there is a discount if you have an anti theft device installed, most insurance companies do offer this discount. Just those 3 things can save you A Lot of money in the long run.

What is a deductable?

The deductable is the amount you pay out of pocket before the insurance company kicks in.

Can an insurance company cancel my auto policy?

Yes, your auto policy may be canceled if you fail to pay the premium or if your driver’s license has been suspended or revoked during the term of your auto policy. Also, if there is a fraud or serious misrepresentation when completing the insurance application, if the you are convicted of a crime, or if changes are made to the property that increase the risk of loss then the company may cancel your insurance policy.

Previous Article

Cheap Car Insurance Companies

Next Article

Car Insurance Basics

You may also like